Associate IT (IT Service Desk)
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in Food and Pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agro science, genomics (DNA Sequencing) and central laboratory services. Eurofins is an equal opportunity employer with a very strong fiscal performance Year-on-Year with over a 2.5 Billion Euro revenue in 2016. Eurofins has set an ambitious target to double the company revenue to over 4 Billion Euros by 2020. Eurofins records over 30% Y-o-Y growth consistently.
For more details, please visit www.eurofins.com
About Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (A CMMI Level 3 Company) is a 100% full owned subsidiary of Eurofins. This young captive centre located in Bangalore was established in 2012 to be the largest IT Solutions group within Eurofins to cater to all the internal IT business needs. The primary focus of IT Solution group will be to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management system), Customer portals, Ecommerce solutions, ERP/CRM system & B2B platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and businesses.
EITS India is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
TITLE: IT Support Specialist
REPORTING To: Group Leader and/or Manager and/or Director
WORKING LOCATION: Bangalore
As an IT Support Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user support requests, and escalation of incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain service level agreement expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and support request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to Eurofins North American Laboratory users primarily in the area of front-end devices and maintain users' satisfaction with their IT working environment.
- End user account maintenance; including account creation, ongoing maintenance and deletion.
- Maintain the front-end IT infrastructure (Workstations, Printers, Phone System, Smartphones, etc.) and ensure their reliability.
- Follow and further develop standard Service Desk operating procedures.
- Local order management of IT equipment and consumables.
- Assume ownership and provide consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved and respond to last minute requests.
- Develop in-depth Product Knowledge in order to resolve customer questions and issues.
- Interact with programmers and Infrastructure staff on issues that have been escalated.
- Document all interactions and problem.
Basic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with individuals with all levels
of technical and non-technical skill sets (i.e. Developers, Project Managers and external Customers).
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team with a courteous and professional attitude.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Software troubleshooting ability for problem research and error isolation.
- Good listening skills; problem solving and the ability to handle multiple projects/clients at once in a fast paced
- The ability to handle objections and counter professionally.
- Must have the technical aptitude to learn, apply and solve technological solutions and/or challenges.
- Must be willing to spend the time necessary to achieve and maintain a high level of technical proficiency.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have experience working with PC based hardware, software and networking components.
- The ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Undergraduate degree in IT or equivalent industry certifications.
- 1 or more years of prior experience in IT support.
Ability and/or Skills (BMQ):
Developed problem solving skills, ability to work independently with limited supervision and no more than
general directions, knows when to consult with supervisor on major issues/problems, demonstrated knowledge
and skills in designated areas, ability to handle multiple priorities, ability to function in an environment of constant
change, strong organization skills and attention to detail, willingness to work overtime, excellent interpersonal
and communication skills, ability to work under medium to high stress levels.
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd office location:
Eurofins India office/service locations: