Associate/ Senior Associate - IT (Network Operations – Level 3- (1 vacancies)
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in Food and Pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics (DNA Sequencing) and central laboratory services. Eurofins is an equal opportunity employer with a very strong fiscal performance Year-on-Year with over a 2.5 Billion Euro revenue in 2016. Eurofins has set an ambitious target to double the company revenue to over 4 Billion Euros by 2020. Eurofins records over 30% Y-o-Y growth consistently.
For more details, please visit www.eurofins.com
About Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (A CMMI Level 3 Company) is a 100% full owned subsidiary of Eurofins. This young captive centre located in Bangalore was established in 2012 to be the largest IT Solutions group within Eurofins to cater to all the internal IT business needs. The primary focus of IT Solution group will be to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management system), Customer portals, Ecommerce solutions, ERP/CRM system & B2B platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and businesses.EITS India is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
TITLE: Associate/ Senior Associate - IT (Network Operations – Level 3)
REPORTING To: Head of CoC Network
WORKING LOCATION: Bangalore
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A senior technical resource within the team who is capable of managing complex networks including datacentres.
Following ITIL methodology, and utilising the existing Eurofins Policies and Procedures, the mission of the position ‘Network Operations – Level 3” is to:
Design, validate and update the networking standards (as outlined in the ENNA [Eurofins Normalised Network Architecture] document), and all global and regional objects of which you are responsible, maintaining objectives regarding the general functional attributes, as a member of COC NETWORK;
Own, configure and manage the corporate solutions for VOIP, load-balancing, end-point protection, corporate WAN reporting, VPN (including SSLVPN);
Manage the COC NETWORK ITSM queue consisting of:
o Extensive triage and resolution of Network related Incidents (VOIP, Data). Actively involve in troubleshooting and resolve the P1 and P2 Incidents in Eurofins Network landscape.
o Fulfilment of Network Requests like new device installation, configurations.
o Follow Eurofins Change Management Processes to own and manage the Network Changes from start to finish.
o Participate in SWOT analysis/Proactive Problem Management and contribute to the improvement of Network services’ health.
o Actively involve and complete the assigned Projects related to Network tools and Technologies. New site VOIP, Data integrations etc.
• Participate in the COC NETWORK as a member and own key topics relating to incident management;
• Global project management with regards to the COC NETWORK;
• Take an active role in the creation and review of all documentation relating to the COC NETWORK and any services within (Key Group Documents, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Request for Change, Guidelines);
• Deliver all services following ITIL methodology for Service Creation, including the following:
o IT Service Card;
o Standard Operating Procedures / Work Instructions;
o Service Transition.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON ROLES & OBJECTIVES:
• Ensure follow-up to the IT Infrastructure Technical Director on a regular basis and as often as requested to the IT Infrastructure and Operations Director and Regional Infrastructure Managers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Initial Educational background:
• University Degree in Information Technology or comparable field or relevant work experience in Information Technology (min. 8-12 years)
• Specific Skills required in terms of:
• General Technical Skills:
Minimum 8-12 years working in Information Technology with experience or specialization in:
o Good knowledge of networking and datacenter technologies, switching, routing, VoIP and high-availability using Cisco components
o Good knowledge of LAN / WAN / WLAN topologies, Proxies, Load Balancers and Network security (Firewall,VPN) in a geographically diverse environment
o Good knowledge of networking and DC Design and Architecture models
o Desired knowledge of SD-WAN Technology
o Extensive knowledge of QoS and queuing theory , traffic shaping and policy management and other operational/engineering activities as required
o Extensive knowledge of MPLS, BGP/OSPF, Routing convergence optimization.
o Experienced with IPsec, Dynamic and Route Based VPN tunnels
o Good knowledge of VPN technologies like IPSEC VPN
o Remote Access, Authentication (such as Radius/TACACS),Intrusion Prevention/Detection Systems (IDS), Cisco ACS server
o Deployment and administration of various Cisco Solutions;
o Good knowledge of Cisco Wireless controllers/LAPWAP/Autonomous AP and Hive manager with aerohive access points
o Experienced with Load Balancers like KEMP,A10 or F5;
o Experienced with Cisco Call manager and UCS
o Design and execute various Cisco Unity configurations and provide support to Unified Messaging;
o Working in a tightly controlled environment with regards to Change Management;
o Technical Documentation.
• Specific Technical Skills:
• A deep understanding and contextual experience with:
• ITIL-based Incident management experience;
• Networking Specifics:
o All Layer 2 protocols, specifically:
Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
First Hop Redundancy protocol (HSRP,VRRP/GLBP)
Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP);
DHCP relay configuration in switch and firewall
o All Layer 3 Protocols, specifically:
• Knowledge and experience with the management and configuration of Cisco switching devices and Cisco IOS, including Catalyst: 29xx, 3xxx and also Nexus devices like 5k,7k & 9k;
• Knowledge and experience managing and configuring Cisco routing devices like 29xx,19xx,43xx;
• Deep knowledge and experience of firewalling technologies, accepted best-practices;
• Personal Qualities/Profile:
• Autonomous – Proactive – Analytical – Rigorous – Business focused – Good communication and writing skills – Risk oriented sensitivity.
• Management capabilities:
• Ability to coordinate project tasks from inception to completion including coordination of work with different individuals and teams is mandatory.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
English Fluency Required
Experience in an international company preferred
CCIE, CCVP, CCDA, CCNP, or CCDP Preferred but not required