Cognos Architect (Cognos TM1-BI Architect) 1 - Vacancy
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in Food and Pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics (DNA Sequencing) and central laboratory services. Eurofins is an equal opportunity employer with a very strong fiscal performance Year-on-Year with over a 2.5 Billion Euro revenue in 2016. Eurofins has set an ambitious target to double the company revenue to over 4 Billion Euros by 2020. Eurofins records over 30% Y-o-Y growth consistently.
About Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (A CMMI Level 3 Company) is a 100% full owned subsidiary of Eurofins. This young captive centre located in Bangalore was established in 2012 to be the largest IT Solutions group within Eurofins to cater to all the internal IT business needs. The primary focus of IT Solution group will be to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management system), Customer portals, Ecommerce solutions, ERP/CRM system & B2B platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and businesses.
EITS India is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
OPERATIONAL TITLE (ENGLISH): Cognos TM1-BI Architect
REPORTING TO: Cognos BA or to Group Financial Controlling Manager
REPORTING LOCATION: Nantes (France)
WORKING LOCATION: Bangalore (India)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
The Group Cognos Architect and BI Developer is responsible for :
- Cognos Architect
- Maintaining a high performance level of the Cognos tool (Controller, TM1 and BI),
- Provide technical direction to Cognos Development and Operations resources,
- Oversee Cognos report and data cube development efforts, recommend best practices and technical design,
- Portal administration across environments, including security maintenance,
- Migrate to the new/next versions of the Cognos tools,
- BI Developper
- Developing Cognos Business Intelligence (BI), including design, development, implementation and maintenance of Group Financial Reports in BI connected to TM1.
- Developing Cognos TM1 as the Group Financial and Management Reporting tool, including design, development, implementation and maintenance of Group Financial Reports in TM1, while providing proper support & training to the TM1 user community.
The Analyst/ Developer will work closely with the Group Accounting Team In Nantes (France) and with the Group Reporting Team in Katowice (Poland).
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
- Cognos Architect:
- Maintain the Security in the Cognos Portal: Maintain access rights and Group Security
- Have a close follow up of the number of Cognos users
- Closely follow up the Performance of the different tools and take the necessary actions to prevent any low performances
- Ensure that all processes are logically scheduled and that the servers are well designed for supporting the workload,
- Research new technologies and best practices. Advise and recommend changes to existing IT policies, procedures and strategy.
- Develop Cognos BI as the Group Financial Reports tool.
- Develop the reports to generate automatic emails (Burst mode),
- Develop the reports for mass-printing and via the burst mode,
- Maintain and develop the reports with “Reports Studio” and “Analysis Studio”,
- Work with Group Finance and business to analyze & understand financial reporting requirements, Based on this analysis, propose Cognos BI Reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Expert in developing and designing architectural solutions according to project/business need
- Ability to understand end to end scope of work by analyzing the requirements provided
- Strong command in written and verbal communication
- Ability to deal with international client
- Very structured with strong organisational skills;
- Very accurate, highly reliable and eye for detail;
- Process oriented
- High level of energy, drive and passion to succeed;
- Pragmatic, proactive, flexible and adaptable;
- Fast learner;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner in a fast changing organization;
- Team player enjoying working in a small international team.
Master Degree in Engineering/Finance or equivalent.
- English (fluent written and spoken);
- Any additional language is an asset.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in developing reports in the Cognos BI and have already implemented technically Cognos TM1 and Cognos BI
- Have a very good understanding of the Cognos technical set-up
- Have participate to several migrations
- Have designed reports from Reports Studio and Analysis Studio in a multidimensional environment
- Proven ability to develop reports based in multidimensional environment supporting a growing companies or a changing environment
- Ability to describe/ write in English business process specifications.
- Have base line knowledge of all TM1/ BI components and architecture.
- Be IBM Certified Advanced Solution Expert - Cognos BI is a plus.