Infrastructure Lead (Operations Lead - Night Shift)
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in Food and Pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics (DNA Sequencing) and central laboratory services. Eurofins is an equal opportunity employer with a very strong fiscal performance Year-on-Year with over a 2.5 Billion Euro revenue in 2016. Eurofins has set an ambitious target to double the company revenue to over 4 Billion Euros by 2020. Eurofins records over 30% Y-o-Y growth consistently.
For more details, please visit www.eurofins.com
About Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (A CMMI Level 3 Company) is a 100% full owned subsidiary of Eurofins. This young captive centre located in Bangalore was established in 2012 to be the largest IT Solutions group within Eurofins to cater to all the internal IT business needs. The primary focus of IT Solution group will be to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management system), Customer portals, Ecommerce solutions, ERP/CRM system & B2B platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and businesses.
EITS India is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
TITLE: Infrastructure Lead (Operations Lead - Night Shift)
REPORTING TO: CoC Network Operations Manager
WORKING LOCATION: Bengaluru
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following ITIL methodology, and utilising the existing Eurofins Policies, the mission of the position ‘Operation Lead” is to:
Manage the end-to-end operations of the shift as per Eurofins Event Management, Incident Management process and procedures;
Be single point of contact for Management as well as Customers for the NOC Operations during his/her shift, in that, be responsible for Incident Outage communications and contribute in Problem investigations;
Be able to guide the NOC Level 1 engineers on all operational aspects and achieve the expected Service Level commitments;
Monitor and maintain the Network and telecommunications equipment within Eurofins enterprise and high availability Data centre environment;
Troubleshoot the network, makes repairs and gets the system back up as quickly as possible. This can require the technician to work at all hours of the day, depending on when the network disruption occurs;
To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance;
To provision customer network services on core equipment
To provide support services for engineering and other technical teams
Effectively Manage operations of Network monitoring which operates in 24 x7 shifts;
Effectively Monitor Global Service Desk staff and encourage them to work efficiently
Effectively Monitor Global Service Desk ticket counts in OTRS BOX and highlight it to the GSD Staff
Provide 24 hour Network health monitoring and alarm reporting utilizing existing network monitoring software;
Review and general clean-up of ticket queue;
Ensure timely resolution to trouble tickets;
Troubleshoot network or connectivity problems for users or user groups;
Effectively Provide telephone support related to networking or connectivity issues;
Responsible for basic troubleshooting of local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) to ensure sufficient availability or speed, to identify network problems and take appropriate action to resolve;
Ensures accurate and timely communication on all production impacting Incidents and Changes;
Drives Incident management for all site impacting Network issues;
Back up network data
ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON ROLES & OBJECTIVES:
Ensure follow-up to the Head, CoC Network on a regular basis and as often as requested to the IT Infrastructure Technical Director, IT Infrastructure and Operations Director and Regional Infrastructure Managers.
- Effectively manage operations of Network monitoring which operates in 24x7 shifts;
- Effectively monitor Global Service Desk staff and encourage them to work efficiently
- Effectively monitor Global service Desk ticket counts in OTRS BOX and highlight it to the GSD staff
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Initial Educational background:
- University Degree in Information Technology or comparable field or relevant work experience in Information Technology (min. 4 years)General Technical Skills:
- Specific Skills required in terms of:
- Minimum 4 years of Network Operations experience or specialization in:
- Network Monitoring Operations;
- LAN Networking;
- Global WAN deployment and configuration;
- Working in a tightly controlled environment with regards to Change Management;
- Technical Documentation.A deep understanding and contextual experience with:
- Specific Technical Skills:
- ITIL-based Incident management experience;
- Knowledge and experience with the management and configuration of Cisco switching devices and Cisco IOS, including Catalyst: 29xx, 3xxx;
- Knowledge and experience managing and configuring Cisco routing devices;
- Knowledge and experience of firewalling technologies, accepted best-practices;
- Knowledge and experience of Network monitoring and alerting software;
- Cisco certifications and VoIP fundamentals a plus;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact with all levels of employees in a professional manner;
- As an essential function of this position, the employee must be able to handle high levels of stress satisfactorily and be congenial with other employees and customers at all times.
- The NOC is a fast paced environment, critical thinking is essential. Ideas will be extrapolated from one situation to another.
- Strict adherence to company policies, confidentiality, and mature judgment must be demonstrated at all times.
- As this individual often represents the internal and external customers and colleagues – professionalism is a must.
- Must handle responsibilities by multi-tasking, working independently and with minimal direction. Must deliver objectives both individually and by interaction with others, therefore must demonstrate an understanding of organizational functions and departments.
- Personal Qualities/Profile:
- Autonomous – Proactive – Analytical – Rigorous – Business focused – Good communication and writing skills – Risk oriented sensitivity.
- Management capabilities:
- Ability to coordinate project tasks from inception to completion including coordination of work with different individuals and teams is mandatory.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Total experience required – 7-9 years
- English Fluency Required
- Experience in an international company preferred