Senior Software Engineer (Product Support Specialist) 1- Vacancy
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in Food and Pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics (DNA Sequencing) and central laboratory services. Eurofins is an equal opportunity employer with a very strong fiscal performance Year-on-Year with over a 2.5 Billion Euro revenue in 2016. Eurofins has set an ambitious target to double the company revenue to over 4 Billion Euros by 2020. Eurofins records over 30% Y-o-Y growth consistently.
For more details, please visit www.eurofins.com
About Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (A CMMI Level 3 Company) is a 100% full owned subsidiary of Eurofins. This young captive centre located in Bangalore was established in 2012 to be the largest IT Solutions group within Eurofins to cater to all the internal IT business needs. The primary focus of IT Solution group will be to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management system), Customer portals, Ecommerce solutions, ERP/CRM system & B2B platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and businesses.
EITS India is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
TITLE: Senior Product Support Specialist
REPORTING To: Development Manager
WORKING LOCATION: Bangalore
Be part of the Level 2 Application/Product Support team in our Bangalore Captive centre. This group shall support various Eurofins Proprietary and non-Proprietary applications. This includes working on incidents, problems, changes etc. This position will provide the day to day support of multiple production environments and projects. The position will interface with development, business entities and INFRA on a routine basis to ensure deployment and Production environment is built /supported. The position will be a SPOC (Single Point of Contact) for business entities. This position requires extensive 24x7x365 on call responsibilities in future.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 5 to 7 years overall end user support experience, meeting.
- Very good communication and interpersonal relation skills in an international environment,
- Ability to adapt to either technical or business people
- At ease with distant communications leveraging a wide array of technologies (shared code, documents and forums, phone, chat, e-mail).
- Up to 3 years work experience in an Enterprise application support environment would be preferred.
- Exposure working in IIS hosted web application is preferred.
- Good understanding of Windows Server & MS SQL Server concepts is required.
- Strong interpersonal & English skills including documentation and preparation of status reports.
- Experience working with customers from European region would be a plus.
- Understanding of ITIL, SDLC and Product Lifecycle methodologies is a definite plus.
- Good understanding of any IT Service Management tool to log, monitor, and document the incidents/tickets.
- Provide functional level of support and troubleshooting of .Net based web applications.
- Provide Assistance to local Eurofins EOL website owners in their EOL activities (configuration aspects, RFI…)
- Log tickets based on end user requests to resolve queries within SLA.
- Perform initial investigations to identify origins of issues.
- Coordinate with IT Operations, EOL BA Team and Development teams based on the reported issues to coordinate their resolution within SLA.
- Create and maintain open tickets for follow-up, report ticket status to users on the basis specified in the SLA.
- Build, maintain and communicate weekly & Monthly statistics to management.
- Participate in outage bridges to ensure timely resolution of service impacting problems and accurate communications to stakeholders.
- Build knowledge base further with the help of EOL Business Analyst team depending on the tickets logged.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
Eurofins has a strong focus on Performance Management system. This includes quarterly calibrations, half-yearly reviews and annual reviews. The KPIs shall be set and may vary slightly between projects. These will be clearly communicated, documented during the first 30 days of your joining.
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd office location:
Eurofins India office/service locations: