Senior Software Engineer (Xamarin Developer)
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in Food and Pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics (DNA Sequencing) and central laboratory services. Eurofins is an equal opportunity employer with a very strong fiscal performance Year-on-Year with over a 2.5 Billion Euro revenue in 2016. Eurofins has set an ambitious target to double the company revenue to over 4 Billion Euros by 2020. Eurofins records over 30% Y-o-Y growth consistently.
For more details, please visit www.eurofins.com
About Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (A CMMI Level 3 Company) is a 100% full owned subsidiary of Eurofins. This young captive centre located in Bangalore was established in 2012 to be the largest IT Solutions group within Eurofins to cater to all the internal IT business needs. The primary focus of IT Solution group will be to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management system), Customer portals, Ecommerce solutions, ERP/CRM system & B2B platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and businesses.
EITS India is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
TITLE: Principal Software Engineer / Module Lead
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
WORKING LOCATION: Bangalore, India
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To design and develop MobileApps using best technologies. The responsibility includes,
- Collaborating with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Master and apply team technologies and processes, and take active part in creating Eurofins and team success.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP).
- Experience with business requirements, technical analysis and design, coding, testing, and implementation of configurations within software environment.
- Proven UI experience.
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
Technology skills – Mandatory:
- Strong and proven background in Information Technology.
- Should know how to consume WebAPIs in UI layers like JQuery or AngularJS.
- Should have good working knowledge of Responsive Web Design.
- Good working knowledge of Revision control ( or Source Code Management)using tools like TFS or SVN or GIT.
Technology skills – Nice to have:
- Worked on Microsoft stack of technologies on server side like .NET, MVC, WCF or WebAPI.
- Experience of designing Hybrid mobile app using HTML5 app with offline capabilities and integration with Native smartphone API.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Fluent in English and the working country language.
- Should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Ability to work in a complex international environment.
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) methodologies would be a plus.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary.
- The successful candidate will have a self-motivated, get-it-done attitude; the ability to think critically; enjoy working with teams spread globally and across cultures; a desire to learn in new areas; and the discipline to pay attention to deadlines, details and quality.
- BE Computer Science/MCA or any other Bachelor’s degree with the right experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with team in Europe.
- The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
TRAVEL: Ready to travel to Europe/US (10 – 20%).
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
Eurofins has a strong focus on Performance Management system. This includes quarterly calibrations, half-yearly reviews and annual reviews. The KPIs shall be set and may vary slightly between projects. These will be clearly communicated, documented during the first 30 days of your joining.