Software Architect (Performance Architect)
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in Food and Pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics (DNA Sequencing) and central laboratory services. Eurofins is an equal opportunity employer with a very strong fiscal performance Year-on-Year with over a 2.5 Billion Euro revenue in 2016. Eurofins has set an ambitious target to double the company revenue to over 4 Billion Euros by 2020. Eurofins records over 30% Y-o-Y growth consistently.
For more details, please visit www.eurofins.com
About Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (A CMMI Level 3 Company) is a 100% full owned subsidiary of Eurofins. This young captive centre located in Bangalore was established in 2012 to be the largest IT Solutions group within Eurofins to cater to all the internal IT business needs. The primary focus of IT Solution group will be to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management system), Customer portals, Ecommerce solutions, ERP/CRM system & B2B platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and businesses.
EITS India is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
POSITION TITLE: Architect (Performance Architect)/Team Lead
REPORTING TO: Program Director
WORKING LOCATION: Bangalore, India
Performance Architect will be responsible for planning, managing, delivering and maintaining the Performance of all the applications, of a domain (logical group), during their entire life cycle. Constantly question the status-quo, assess, review architecture & design and provide solutions to improve and manage performance of applications.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Experience in Leading a Performance refactoring engagement for a large application with distribute infrastructure, SOA and on Microsoft platforms.
- Assessment of application for performance bottlenecks and scalability issues.
- Recommendations for fixing the performance and scalability.
- Performance Governance, Planning and Implementation of the recommendations.
Experience in Managing and delivering Performance for a Large Program/suite of applications.
- Requirements, risk profiling, workload modeling
- Architecting and designing to meet performance targets
- Performance management and governance during development and validation phases.
- Post production support and recommendations to proactively manage performance.
- Very strong in documentation and ability to articulate the Strategies, Plans, Problem statements, Risks, Business impact, recommendations and its benefits, strategies and plans
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 8+ years of IT experience with atleast 4 years in .NET & SQL development & recent 4+ years’ in Performance Engineering – code & configuration tuning, architecture & design reviews, benchmarking, Performance assessment, fire fighting performance issues in production.
- Experience in .NET, C#, SQL development, CMS, ORM frameworks
- Exposure to SOA & associated design patterns
- Has proven expertise on Performance Tuning aspects of SQL Server & Experience in providing solutions to fix performance bottlenecks on MS SQL
- Experience in Workload modelling, predictive analysis, Extrapolation techniques
- Experienced in defining, designing, creating, executing performance tests, including load, volume, stress, endurance and scalability tests.
- Experience in defining environment infrastructure in terms of setup and configuration required.
- Expert in using profiling tools like Ants profiler, monitoring tools
- Performance engineering concepts – Assessments, Performance Engineering Lifecycle, Performance monitoring, Performance Engineering laws & models
- Architecture & design assessments to identify capacity/performance risks
- Demonstrates an understanding of .Net framework, memory management and SQL server
- Identify potential bottlenecks and recommend solutions at application design, coding and infrastructure level.
- Defining Performance test strategy and various types of tests required to validate the NFRs.
- Monitoring & debugging tools for Windows, .NET & SQL environments to extract relevant metrics for conducting conclusive analysis
- Ability to visualise and setup dashboards to monitor KPIs & BVIs
- Expert in Dump Analysis (Windbg, procdump and DebugDiag), monitoring tools, Diagnostic tools (.Net & WPF Profiler, SQL Profiler, ANTS memory & CPU Profiler) and other Sniffing tools.
Preferred (Good to have)
- Experience in using APM tools like AppDynamics or Dynatrace for capacity planning & proactive monitoring, deep dive and analysis.
- Performance Testing tool - Apache Jmeter / HP Load Runner / MS VSTS – Load test
- Exposure to Agile methodologies & Continuous Integration Tools
- Strong problem solving ability & analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & negotiation skills
- The successful candidate will have a self-motivated, get-it-done attitude; the ability to think critically; enjoy working with teams spread globally and across cultures; a desire to learn in new areas; and the discipline to pay attention to deadlines, details and quality.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with team in Europe
- BE Computer Science/MCA or any other Bachelor’s degree with the right experience
- Will be an added advantage if worked on Laboratory related applications.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
Eurofins has a strong focus on Performance Management system. This includes quarterly calibrations, half-yearly reviews and annual reviews. The KPIs shall be set and may vary slightly between projects. These will be clearly communicated, documented during the first 30 days of your joining.
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd., Careers Page:
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd., office location:
Eurofins India office/service locations: