Software Engineer/ Senior Software Engineer (VB6 Developer) - 4 Vacancies
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in Food and Pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics (DNA Sequencing) and central laboratory services. Eurofins is an equal opportunity employer with a very strong fiscal performance Year-on-Year with over a 2.5 Billion Euro revenue in 2016. Eurofins has set an ambitious target to double the company revenue to over 4 Billion Euros by 2020. Eurofins records over 30% Y-o-Y growth consistently.
For more details, please visit www.eurofins.com
About Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (A CMMI Level 3 Company) is a 100% full owned subsidiary of Eurofins. This young captive centre located in Bangalore was established in 2012 to be the largest IT Solutions group within Eurofins to cater to all the internal IT business needs. The primary focus of IT Solution group will be to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management system), Customer portals, Ecommerce solutions, ERP/CRM system & B2B platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and businesses.EITS India is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
TITLE: Software Engineer/ Senior Software Engineer
REPORTING To: Project Lead
WORKING LOCATION: Bengaluru
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Eurofins is currently accelerating the deployment of standard processes across its Laboratories. One of the elements of this initiative is the software “Eurofins Laboratory Information Management System, First Generation Standard” (eLIMS-FGS). It consists of a selection of existing LIMS modules aggregated into a comprehensive suite of tools and applications that provide standardised support for the analytical services of Eurofins’ laboratories.
The objective of this position is to join the eLIMS-FGS Support and Continual Improvement project team as a Software Programmer.
The technologies currently being deployed for development are VB6 (70%) and Visual Studio 2010/2012, .NET 4.0, C#, WPF+MVVN, TFS2012, MS SQL Server 2008 or later.
The applied organizational methodology is Scrum.
The targeted level of quality is high and the methodology applied to reach this level is XP (eXtreme Programming) and notably ATDD and TDD.
Within the eLIMS-FGS Support & Continual Improvement project team made up of a team leader together with four support agents and developers, the candidate is expected to:
- Contribute as a team member to the ongoing development of the application suite deployed at various globally distributed locations
- Integrate his- or herself into the team workflow and best practices including Agile values and principles (Agile Manifesto)
- Follow team development practices and policies in order to design an application suite that can easily be implemented within Eurofins Group World Wide and supported on a long-term period.
- Create and maintain technical and operational documentation that describes program code, logic, changes, and modifications in the user work-flow.
- Implement change requests in the existing modules and integrate new modules into the suite
- Maintain good programming practices (code-quality, peer-review, definition of done, documentation…)
- Contribute to the elaboration of test plans and cases
- Develop working relationships within the FGS programme (Product Owner, Business Analysts, support agents, testing & deployment staff).
- Collaboration with Support Agents
- Support development of complex configuration elements such as Scripts, Reports or SQL procedures.
- Technical reference and diagnosis in case of urgent incidents or intractable Bugs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of experience with developing software solutions in VB6 and SQL.
- Experience with design, coding, testing, and implementation of software
- Experience in an agile environment would be a plus.
- Strong and proven background in Information Technology
- MS SQL Databases VB6 (mandatory)
- Crystal Report
- ATDD, TDD
- Prior experience in industrial settings, and especially with Laboratory processes, is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Structured work habits and ability to conform to best practices for software development
- Scrum values : Commitment, Focus, Openness, Respect, Courage
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Competent in English.
- Ability to work in a complex international environment
- Successful teamwork experience is required
- Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative