Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer (Windows Developer - 5 vacancies)
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in Food and Pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics (DNA Sequencing) and central laboratory services. Eurofins is an equal opportunity employer with a very strong fiscal performance Year-on-Year with over a 2.5 Billion Euro revenue in 2016. Eurofins has set an ambitious target to double the company revenue to over 4 Billion Euros by 2020. Eurofins records over 30% Y-o-Y growth consistently.
For more details, please visit www.eurofins.com
About Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (A CMMI Level 3 Company) is a 100% full owned subsidiary of Eurofins. This young captive centre located in Bangalore was established in 2012 to be the largest IT Solutions group within Eurofins to cater to all the internal IT business needs. The primary focus of IT Solution group will be to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management system), Customer portals, Ecommerce solutions, ERP/CRM system & B2B platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and businesses.EITS India is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
TITLE: Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer
REPORTING TO: Development Manager
WORKING LOCATION: Bengaluru
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main objective of this position is to deliver high quality software on his own and together with the team (including design, code, tests, documentation) and to accelerate the delivery.
- Works with different stakeholders to author, review and improve technical and functional specifications, which includes tests description and acceptance criteria;
- Authors and contributes, timely and at the appropriate quality level, to the design, development, operations, maintenance, troubleshooting, tests and documentation of the company’s application suite;
- Follow and promote development practices and policies in order to produce high quality software which can be easily implemented within the company
- Use state-of-art software engineering practices and development frameworks – namely Agile – so as to ensure superior quality on every delivery;
- Escalate and follow-up on timely manner any and all issues that might be a blocker, issue deviation from SOP’s, guidelines, etc.;
- Create and maintain technical and operational documentation that describes program code, logic, changes, and corrections for assigned functions;
- Ensure follow-up to his/her Manager on a regular basis and as often as requested;
- Oversee timely and accurately system updates, upgrades, fixes and new functionality release management;
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BE Computer Science/MCA or any other Bachelor’s degree with the relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience with developing software solutions in .NET C#
- Exposure in Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with business requirements, technical analysis and design, coding, testing, and implementation of configurations within software environment
- Strong knowledge of C # Visual Studio 2012, .NET 4.0+, C#, WPF,PRISM,MVVM , MS SQL Server 2008
- Strong knowledge in object-oriented design, programming, and frameworks
- Strong knowledge of service oriented design principles and using them
- Good knowledge in WPF and good development practices in it
- Good understanding of IOC containers and service location.
- Very good English communication skills (concise writing and orally convincing).
- Very good interpersonal relation skills at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a complex international environment.
- Responsive problem solver and proactive actions.
- Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities.
- At ease with distant communications leveraging a wide array of technologies (shared code, documents and forums, phone, chat, e-mail).
- Excellent analytical skills which allow him to quickly identify gaps in specifications and code.
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) methodologies would be a plus.
- The successful candidate will have a self-motivated, get-it-done attitude; the ability to think critically; enjoy working with teams spread globally and across cultures; a desire to learn in new areas; and the discipline to pay attention to deadlines, details and quality.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with team in Europe