Technical Writer (Training) - 1- Vacancy
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing. It is also one of the global market leaders in agro-science, genomics, discovery pharmacology and central laboratory services. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics (DNA Sequencing) and central laboratory services. Eurofins is an equal opportunity employer with a very strong fiscal performance Year-on-Year with over a 2.5 Billion Euro revenue in 2016. Eurofins has set an ambitious target to double the company revenue to over 4 Billion Euros by 2020. Eurofins records over 30% Y-o-Y growth consistently.
About Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (A CMMI Level 3 Company) is a 100% full owned subsidiary of Eurofins. This young captive centre located in Bangalore was established in 2012 to be the largest IT Solutions group within Eurofins to cater to all the internal IT business needs. The primary focus of IT Solution group will be to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management system), Customer portals, Ecommerce solutions, ERP/CRM system & B2B platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and businesses.
EITS India is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
POSITION TITLE: Training Technical Writer
REPORTING TO: Learning and Development Leader
REPORTING LOCATION: Eurofins GSC Brussels
WORKING LOCATION: EITSI
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Based on content selected by Subject Matter Experts, the Technical Writer will produce high quality training material in different formats, using training industry standards and methodologies to ensure an appropriate level of quality and a timely delivery of the deliverables.
- The training material will mostly be produced with the Microsoft Office suite. Formats of training can be multiple: self-learning presentations with a quizz, recorded videos, exercises, quizzes, or even live webinars in some occasions.
- The Technical Writer will implement those trainings in the online Learning Management System (LMS) of the company, participating to the creation of a company-wide training catalogue.
- The Technical Writer will use his/her experience to propose, improve and create training templates and guidelines. With this regards, the Technical Writer will act as a pioneer of the Learning and Development function of the company.
- The Technical Writer will regularly interact with Subject Matter Experts to review, adjust, improve and approve the training material before implementing it.
Specific Assignments: As a first practical assignment, the Training Technical Writer will work with the Learning and Development Leader on producing the material required to setup a Training Program for key employees of Eurofins (Leaders, Business Unit Managers). Areas of expertise will range from Finance and Administration to Operational Excellence and Information Systems.
Other Assignments: N/A
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Proven expertise and experience in preparation of instructional material
- 3+ years of experience in teaching or preparing training material
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in French, German or Dutch is a plus.
- Usage of authoring software to design visually impacting material is a plus
- Experience with the usage and/or configuration of a Learning Management System is a plus.
- Awareness and experience of processes along the value chain in a large company is a plus (Finance & Administration, Sales, Operations, IT Services,…)
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, ability to listen actively;
- Able to work autonomously for several days with no or minimal supervision, not impacting the quality and quantity of work delivered;
- Rigorous and meticulous;
- International exposure and working in multinational environment
- University Degree or equivalent. A Degree in Science, Engineering or Business Administration is a plus.
- A recognized certification in teaching or training is a plus.