For many years Eurofins has performed numerous allergen and gluten tests for the food industry and gained extensive experience with a variety of matrices like flours, chocolate, bakeries, frozen food to name just a few.
Direct detection of the allergen proteins using immunological testing is appropriate in most cases where the protein can still be detected by the antibody. However, ultra-traces of allergen may not always be detected by the ELISA. Multi-Allergen screening by real-time PCR is appropriate in cases where multiple allergens might enter into the supply chain adventitiously.
Both Multi-Allergen and Single-Allergen PCR tests are generally advisable in the following cases : where no immunological test is available that exhibits the required sensitivity (as with soya), or with highly processed or heat treated food
The global network of laboratories and a specialist Competence Centre enables the Group to deliver advanced solutions through the combination of experience gained by high volume testing and also from significant levels of R&D. Our experts will advise you of the most appropriate method.
Aller-Gene© a Full Test Program for Proteins, DNA, Lactose & Sulphite
Eurofins offers a full combination testing program for all allergens and intolerances on the EU allergen hit list. It consists of chemical, enzymatic, molecular biological (PCR) and immunological methods (ELISA) to test for proteins, DNA, lactose and sulphites. Eurofins provides advice on the optimal testing combination to match your specific needs.
Based on a selection of the best immunological tests and antisera available on the market these are validated for a broad range of matrices. These are highly sensitive, with a detection limit in the ppm range (with the exception of soya).
- Protein Tests - Can be used to detect gluten/gliadin, milk and whey protein, peanut, hazelnut and sesame allergens, egg white and allergens from soya, crustaceans and nuts.
- DNA Tests - A full range of PCR tests for wheat, peanut, hazelnut, chicken, soya, fish, celery and brassica (e.g. mustard, rape seed) species.
Multi-Aller-Gene© Screening Tests
These unique test systems are based on real-time PCR and save time and money by testing for a broad range of allergens in one assay. They are available for gluten-containing cereals (wheat, rye, barley, oats), nuts (peanut, hazelnut, walnut, Pecan nut) and the 4 allergenic plants sesame, soya, mustard and celery. The detection limit is 10 DNA copies or e.g. 6 ppm for peanuts and 15 ppm for gluten.
The advantages of working with Eurofins
- One competent partner with the comprehensive analytical program and experience in analytical control of supply chains and in traceability
- Continuous R&D and a Eurofins expert in the CEN and DIN commissions for the standardization of allergen analysis
- Test systems to control all critical points of the supply chain and for the end product monitoring
The Eurofins Advantage
- Eurofins laboratory is accredited, certified & recognized by BIS, NABL, FSSAI and APEDA
- Competence Centres with state-of-the-art equipment such as high-resolution GC, HPLCs, GCMSMS, FTIR, ELISA, HR-MS, GC-MS, HPLC, LC-MS/MS, ICP-MS, Real-time PCR and NMR systems
- Fast turn-around time (TAT)
- Local contact with a Global Network
- Participation in industry associations and regulatory bodies allowing early advice on potential food scares and legal obligations
- Expert advice - testing schemes, on-site-check for hygiene and allergens, labelling advice and traceability
- Results you can rely on
- International presence