Reliable & trusted organic food contaminants testing
Organic gives assurance to consumers that toxic persistent pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, antibiotics or growth hormones are not used during the organic food production. It also means that food cultivation quality standards have been met with respect to impact on soil, water and air environmental conditions.
As per the joint study conducted by Ernst & Young and ASSOCHAM in 2018 - India houses the highest number of organic producers globally with 835,000 organic farmers. India is the 2nd largest exporter of organic products in Asia after China.
- Lack of awareness in the supply chain from farmers to the distributor for following strict quality and safety guidelines to produce foods based on consumer demand is remaining a big challenge.
- It isn't just for domestic sales even for exports, traders and industry players have to deal with a multitude of rules and bylaws, which is complex and leads to a cost of escalation.
- Detecting genetically modified organisms (GMOs) associated with wrong farm practices is highly critical. These GMOs are creating a risk to the environment and consumer’s health.
- Managing pesticide residues and identifying potential issues with pesticide residues in the food supply chain and products.
Enforcement from global awarding bodies:
- IFOAM EU is the European organisation for organic food and farming has published new regulations for organic farmers, processors, traders, retailers and in the mission of making Europe more organic.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to have a strong organic control system has enforced strict guidelines that help to protect consumer’s and create a field for organic farmers.
- Food Safety Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) recently mandated that all the food products should be certified and has to carry a label for its organic status.
The Eurofins solutions:
Eurofins is one of the global leaders in food and feed testing. Eurofins Analytical Services India (EASI) is a part of Eurofins Scientific group which is having a presence in 44 countries with more than 400 state-of-the-art laboratories and 38,000 staff members.
Eurofins with its innovative testing methods and expertise ensures that organic foods are falling within the ambit of geo-specific global guidelines and satisfying the stringent quality and safety requirements.
Eurofins with its vast experience for delighting more than 3,000 customers in India on foods & feed testing services innovating the food testing process and reduces the turnaround time to satisfy customers testing requirements.
Eurofins provides competent solutions to examine a large number of organic contaminants of anthropogenic origin, process contaminants and migration residues, in a great variety of food and feed.
|Baby food||Bakery products|
|Sea Food||Herbs & spices|
|Meat & meat products||Flavours & oleoresins|
|Egg & poultry products||Coffee|
|Milk and dairy products||Tea, herbal tea, fruit tea|
|Nuts & dried fruits||Oils & fats (Edible oil)|
|Fruits & vegetables||Food ingredients|
|Grains & cereal products||Honey|
|Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages||Convenience products|
- Pet food
The analytical scope of organic foods:
- GMO Testing (Genetically Modified Organisms)
- Pesticide residue analysis as per global regulations
- Mycotoxins (Ochratoxin A, aflatoxins)
- Process Contaminants (e.g. furan and acrylamide)
- Fumigants residues (e.g. bromide, phosphine)
- Heavy Metals (e.g. lead, cadmium, mercury and arsenic)
- Mineral oil Hydrocarbons (e.g. from jute bags)